- Travel Industry and Media Events
- Avalon Invest Caribbean Now 2013
- Caribbean Marketing Conference
- Caribbean Media Marketplace
- Networking Breakfast for Ministers and Directions of Tourism and Allied Members
- Trade Show & Educational Seminar for Travel Agents
- Workshop for NTOs
Sponsors & Participants
- Martinique Promotion Bureau/CMT USA
- Puerto Rico Tourism Company
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines Tourism Authority
- British Virgin Islands Tourist Board & Film Commission
- Saint Lucia Tourist Board
- Aimbridge Hospitality - Jewel Resorts
- Trinidad & Tobago
- St. Kitts Tourism Authority
- Barbados Tourism Authority
- Grenada Board of Tourism
- Anguilla Tourist Board
Trade Show and Educational Seminar for Travel Agents
Monday June 4, 2012
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Sports Tourism is one of the world’s fastest growing niche markets. It is a multi-billion dollar industry and represents a unique opportunity for travel agents. Sports Tourism refers to trips taken with the specific purpose of watching or participating in sporting events.
This workshop is designed to help travel agents learn about the relationship between sports and tourism, how to identify sports enthusiasts, how to capture their attention and match them with the sporting activity in which they wish to be an enthusiastic spectator, participate in and enjoy. Closing to sale for this niche then becomes easy!
Caribbean athletes have mastered all kinds of sports – from baseball to basketball, cricket, soccer, sprinting and relays to bobsled and Race-car driving, to name a few land-based sports. The Caribbean is continuing to develop its product to meet the demands of the sporting world and attract world-class competitions.
National Tourist Office representatives will be on hand to update travel agents on what their destinations are doing to grow this niche to attract visitors.
This is your opportunity to network and ask questions to the experts. Make every effort to be there!
The first 100 travel agents who register for this program will be accepted.
Please download the Travel Agent Registration form below, complete and return.
NTO who wish to participate as an Exhibitor, Please download the attached form, complete and return.